Preserve budget and invest in a collection you know is going to be used. On average 40% of library materials don’t circulate.
We can help you acquire content you know your students want through Dawson’s Patron Driven Acquisition (PDA), allowing end-users to determine what is purchased whilst still allowing you to maintain control.
Create pre-determined lists of content for your library based on specific parameters, which users can browse through and trigger a purchase; either by requesting a rental, previewing a title or suggesting it for purchase.
PDA allows real-time access to content not owned by your library, giving end-users access to titles they want, when they need it; meaning you only pay for what is actually used. And Dawson’s PDA can work with LMS providers to deliver a system that requires little, or no staff intervention, so valuable resources can be redirected to other, important tasks.
Setup PDA in just a few steps…
1. Choose appropriate titles for your collection. Dawson will work with you to provide a specific profile of content.
2. Make the titles discoverable to your patrons. Nearly 600,000 ebooks are available through the dawsonera reader portal, and/or bibliographic records can be loaded to the library catalogue or website. Content is also discoverable through products such as Primo or Summon, whereby libraries do not wish to load content to the OPAC.
3. Only purchase what is used. Purchases are triggered by:
• A set number of 5 minute previews or reading for over 5 minutes
• A set number of ‘suggest this title for purchase’
• A set number of rentals
PDA proves excellent value for money as there are no pre-charges for content (unless using the rental model). Once purchased there are no more fees to pay – your library owns the ebook in perpetuity.
You can mix and match any trigger points, and may wish to use two or three combinations to automatically purchase content. Dawson will work with you to ensure you use the best trigger points and combinations to activate purchase. And, Dawson will provide usage statistics to measure your return on investment.
No time like the present…
As there are no set-up fees, you can start building your ebook collection today; simply contact a member of our sales support team – firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, you can arrange a 30 day free trial, live demonstration, or take advantage of our title matching service.