With limited time, resource and budget, the job to sustain world-class information services within an institution, to aid success in teaching, learning and research is a challenging one – smart decisions can make all the difference.
dawsonenter is a complete solution which allows library staff to effectively explore, discover, select and acquire printed books, ebooks and AV material; giving libraries more time to dedicate to developing services and supporting users.
FROM SEARCH AND SELECTION
Search using a variety of parameters and drill down into the results to easily identify the titles you want, which can then be seamlessly ordered using proposal ordering which maps your preferred library acquisitions workflows.
Purchase order data is captured in one simple step and sent back to the library management system, to automatically create purchase orders. And, all orders can be tracked through dawsonenter, irrespective of the transmission method used. In addition, order confirmations can also be sent by email, or by mail, according to the library’s preference.
Dawson’s EDI system delivers the optimum solution for speedy procurement with several daily dispatches of orders to suppliers.
A FEW OF THE SYSTEM HIGHLIGHTS
• Quick and easy search of 37 million titles of print, ebooks and AV material
• Integration with the Dawson Books ebook platform, dawsonera
• Filtered search results to identify the most relevant content
• One click ordering allows libraries to quickly place orders
• Mapping of library acquisition, replicating preferences to model workflows into dawsonenter
• Tailored access for each user so they only see functions appropriate to them
• Delivers a comprehensive range of management information, providing close account monitoring and control
• A full audit trail for baskets, orders and proposals; enabling tracking from creation to approval
• Online ‘track and trace’ information for order delivery
• Real time reporting on new editions of previously purchased titles