Access over 600,000 ebooks, from 800+ publishers and 1,600 imprints on a single platform - welcome to dawsonera
Suitable for: Academic, Corporate, NHS and other Government organisations.
dawsonera provides a complete ebook solution, from acquisition to robust hosting, with titles available to purchase or rent in real-time. The system provides flexible models to meet your needs and can be accessed both on-site and remotely.
In today’s digital world content needs to be delivered in the way users wish to consume it, via devices such as tablets and mobile – as well as in print – and within budgets which can sometimes be tight. Ebooks aid flexible learning and allow the library to deliver more content 24/7.
But the world of ebooks isn’t always an easy one, with publisher restrictions, different models and sometimes technology that outdates what the library itself can support.
dawsonera is a user-friendly, fee free platform that supports ebook supply from discovery and acquisition to delivery and reporting.
Amongst other things, dawsonera...
- works seamlessly with dawsonenter (our acquisitions database) allowing you to discover and purchase your ebooks alongside your print books.
- allows users to read online or download ebooks with Adobe Digital Editions or Bluefire Reader.
- provides integration at title, chapter or page level within the library catalogue, web page, virtual learning environment or managed learning environment.
- offers a range of e-book pricing models to suit your needs.
- is always growing, with hundreds of new titles being added daily - helping you build collections that meet the needs of your users.
• Multiple concurrent access
• Unlimited access
• Remote access 24/7
• 5 minute preview of non-owned content
• Print and copy permissions
• Create personal notations and My Favourites
• Sophisticated DRM
• OPAC-ready RDA/AACR2, level II MARC records (including 856 tag)
• Proposal or order via EDI and electronic order confirmations
• Interoperability with link resolvers, federated search and content discovery tools
• Management reports including COUNTER book reports 1, 2 & 3, along with Platform Report 1
• Integration with RefWorks and EndNote citation management tools
• IP Authentication
• OpenAthens MD and OpenAthens LA
• UK Access Management Federation
• Shibboleth Federations
• EZproxy, WAM or referring URL
• CGI integration with library management systems
• Library username and password